Can You Really Think Yourself Happy? As women we all go through different phases in our life with varying degrees of happiness...teenage, young adult, adult, menopausal adult , post menopausal adult. Believe it or not, it is within your power to create positive thoughts allowing you to accomplish anything you set out to do in spite of the obstacles and challenges that life presents. Can you really think yourself happy? The answer is a qualified yes.
Here are the ways in which positive thoughts can help you accomplish many things in life. Whether it's health and wealth or some other positive change we want, positive thoughts produce positive results. We can either bemoan our situation, or change it. We can be negative about an event or enthusiastic. President Lincoln once said, “Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be.” If you really want to think yourself happy, then make up your mind to do so.
It may be difficult to think happy when the world does not always seem like a happy place but if we all choose to view life differently and focus on the positive instead of dwelling on the negative then we could make a difference - if not in the world, definately in our own lives and for those around us. One person, one idea, one positive thought can change a society! Here are just some ways to help you focus on the positive:
- Seek out positive people to associate with.
- Expose yourself to all the wonderful books, music and movies available.
- Show kindness and respect towards others.
- Live life as if every day is your last.
- Use positive reinforcement wherever and whenever you can.
- Use visualization methods to view the positive aspects of life.
- Speak in a positive tone.
- Rid your mind of negative thinking with yoga and exercise.
- Let your expectations reflect your positive attitude.
- Allow peace of mind to envelop you.
- Become your own best friend.
Happiness is not a genetic trait we are born with or without, it is a choice that we make. It is up to us to maintain it, share it, and build our lives around it. Think happy often enough and you can live a happy life.
By Joanne Mayhead
Photo by: Luisa MCM Cruz
Your blog is very informative especially to women. There are many health blogs out there but to focus in one topic is sometimes hard to do. You did it right. More power to your blog.
Post a Comment